UAN Status – Check Your UAN Status to Know whether KYC Information is updated:
Know Your UAN Status: Employees can check their UAN Status Online through UAN Member e-Sewa Portal. With help of UAN Status, the Employees can know their UAN Number. Employees who contribute towards Provident Fund Scheme, are eligible to get UAN Number from EPFO. To check UAN Status, Employees must have PF Account Number and DOB (Date of Birth). Employees can check their PF Account Number on their Salary Slip. Here we provide Complete Procedure to check UAN Status.
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization has launched UAN Member Portal for all EPFO Members. EPFO UAN Services have been started in 2014. All the old and new Employees of every registered Establishment are allotted Universal Account Number by EPFO. Almost all procedures relating to Provident Fund and Pension are available on UAN Member Portal. After introduction of UAN Services, the EPF related activities have become easier and faster.
The Employees can check EPF Balance, Download Passbook, Know UAN Status etc. by login to UAN Member e-Sewa Portal. In order to login, the Employees are required to provide their UAN Number and Password.
Allotment of UAN to New EPFO Members
Employees Provident Fund Organization allows the Employers to add New Members on Unified Portal. The Employees who join the Establishment, are required to provide their previous Member ID and UAN to the Employer. If the Employees are freshers, they do not have the UAN Number. In such case, the Employer can add them as First Time Employment.
After submitting Member ID, UAN and other documents to Employer, the Employees become curious to know their UAN Status. Generally the Employers does the work of adding New Employees on monthly basis. But sometimes, it takes more time. The Employees can check UAN Status Online on UAN Member Portal to know whether the Employer has updated UAN and KYC Information.
How to Check UAN Status Online
The Employees can check UAN Status through a few simple steps given below:
- Visit the UAN Member e-Sewa Portal at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- Find out Know Your UAN Status under Important Links section.
- Click on UAN Status link to go to relevant page.
- Now select your State and your EPFO Office as applicable.
- Enter your Member ID i.e. State Code, EPFO Office Code, Establishment Code, Extension Code and PF Account Number as per instructions.
- You can choose alternate of Member ID and provide Aadhaar Number or PAN Number.
- Then enter your Name, Date of Birth (DOB), Mobile Number and Email ID.
- Enter the Captcha code and click on Get Authorization Pin to proceed.
- You will receive a code in your Message Inbox of your Mobile.
- Enter the Authorization Pin in the box as mentioned.
- Finally Claim on Check Status (UAN Status).
- Check your UAN Status online and note down the details.
UAN Member Portal is very useful to Employees. They can login to the portal with their UAN Number and Password. Sometimes, the Employees forget the Password of UAN Login. If you have forgot your UAN password, you do not need to worry. Here we will guide you on How to Recover Password of UAN Member Login Portal. Kindly go through the procedure given below to get back your forgot password:
- Log on to UAN Member e-Sewa Portal at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- Navigate to Sign In section and select Forgot your Password link to begin.
- Enter your 12 Digit Universal Account Number.
- Then enter the Captcha code and click on Verify.
- You will see your Registered Mobile Number on screen.
- Select Yes to receive One Time Password (OTP) on your Mobile Phone.
- Provide the OTP to reset or recover your UAN Login Password.
Forgot Password and Mobile Number Changed
When you forget your UAN Login Password and also changed your Mobile Number, it becomes a little difficult. The UAN Member Portal has an alternate method to get back your forgot password. Just checkout the steps mentioned below to know your UAN Password:
- Open the UAN Member e-Sewa Portal at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- Find and Select Forgot your Password link.
- Provide your UAN Number and Captcha code as asked.
- Click on Verify link to proceed.
- Your UAN and Registered Mobile Number will appear on computer screen.
- You will be asked to select Yes/No to receive OTP on (Old) Registered Mobile Number.
- Select NO option to go ahead.
- Again enter your UAN and Captcha code, then click on Verify link.
- Now you need to provide your Name and Date of Birth same as printed on your UAN Card.
- Select your Gender as Male or Female.
- Select the Document Type which you provided earlier for KYC i.e. PAN or AADHAAR.
- Enter your Document Number and click on Verify to proceed.
- Enter your New Mobile Number and select Verify link again.
- Provide the OTP received on New Mobile to recover/reset your UAN Login Password.
Log on to UAN Member Portal at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ to get more information about UAN Status, Procedure to Check UAN Status Online, Importance of UAN for Employee and Allotment of UAN to New Members of EPFO.