EPFO Login Portal – with help of EPFO Login and UAN Login Download UAN Card, Update KYC Information and Download form of PF withdrawal:
EPFO Login: EPFO Login is an online portal provided by Employees Provident Fund Organization. The Employees who have a Provident Fund Account, are eligible to use EPFO Login Service. The EPFO Login Portal is designed to provide PF related facilities to Employees as well as Employers. But you must have registered yourself on EPFO Portal to use all the facilities.
With help of EPFO Login, the Employees can get updates regarding all activities in their PF Account. The Employers can also use EPFO Login Portal to deposit their contribution towards Employees Provident Fund and transfer EPF Claim online. EPFO Login is like a boon to Employers and Employees across India.
EPFO Organization – Introduction and History
Employees Provident Fund Organization was established in 1952 by Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. In last 65 years, the EPFO Organization has shown many improvements in its services. The Employees Provident Fund Scheme is compulsory to the Establishment or Company which has more than 19 Employees.
The EPF Scheme has been launched with a purpose to provide financial security to old-age people after retirement. The Employees Pension Scheme and Linked Deposit Insurance Scheme are also managed by EPFO. In recent years, so many online services regarding Provident Fund (PF) has been introduced by EPFO Organization.
EPFO Login for Employees
EPFO Login is very useful for all the Employees who have a Provident Fund Account. But the Employees must have appropriate knowledge of computer and active internet connection to Login to EPFO Portal. There is also a Mobile App of EPFO Login available for android phones on Google Play Store. The Employees can see every debit and credit entry of their EPF Account by EPFO Login.
EPFO Login Portal – Documents Required for Registration of Employees
The Employees must have a PAN Card to register on EPFO Login Portal. There are many other things like Mobile Number, PF Account Number, Establishment Code, Concerned EPFO Office etc. The Employees must have all these documents and details before they proceed to Registration to EPFO Login Portal. The EPFO allows its members to use the facilities under EPFO Login, only after successful registration.
Employee Registration on EPFO Login Portal
When you visit EPFO Login Portal and select Employees section, you will see the UAN Services option. So you are required to register yourself on UAN Member Portal to use EPFO Services. Kindly remember that you must have One of the Following Details before you start Employee Registration on UAN Member Portal.
- Twelve (12) Digit UAN Number
- Member ID
- Aadhaar Number
- PAN Number
UAN Registration on UAN Member Portal
To register on UAN Login Portal as an Employee, you need to follow the simple steps given below:
- Visit EPFO official website www.epfindia.gov.in.
- Find out OUR SERVICES section.
- Select the link For Employees to go to respective webpage.
- Navigate to UAN Services to proceed to EPFO Unified Portal.
- Then select UAN Member e-Sewa to reach UAN Member Registration Page.
- Search and click on Activate UAN link under the head of Important Links.
- Now enter your UAN Number or Member ID or Aadhaar Number or PAN Number.
- Enter your Name, Date of Birth (DOB) as DD/MM/YYYY.
- Thereafter, provide your Mobile Number and Email ID.
- Click on the button Get Authorization PIN.
- Soon you will receive a Pin Number on your Mobile.
- Enter the Pin Number in the box as mentioned.
- Your Registration of UAN Member Portal is complete.
- Employees have to wait for a few days as EPFO Authority will verify the Registration details with their EPF Account Data.
- There is no need to provide any detail of Employer when the Employee is registering on UAN Member Portal.
UAN Login – UAN Member Portal
- Open the EPFO UAN Member Portal at https://unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in/.
- Go to Online Services and navigate to For Employees section.
- Then click on Member e-Sewa link to proceed to UAN Member Login Page.
- Enter your UAN (Universal Account Number) and Password as asked.
- Provide the Captcha verification code and click on Sign In button.
- You will successfully Login to UAN Member Portal.
- In case, you receive any error in Login, please check if your UAN Number and Password are correct.
- After login successfully to UAN Member Portal, you can get access to all UAN Services.
What to do on EPFO Login Portal: Employees
The Employees can do various tasks and inquiries on EPFO Login Portal. Once they login with their User ID /User Name and Password, they can check following things:
- Know EPF Balance.
- Check PF Claim Status.
- Download form to claim for Transfer of their EPF Account.
- Download form for partial withdrawal of EPF.
- Download form to get loan against Provident Fund.
What to do on UAN Login Portal: Employees
By logging in to UAN Member Portal, the Employees can access their EPF Account details given below:
- Check EPF Balance.
- View and Download EPF Passbook.
- See recent transactions of their Provident Fund Account.
- Check their own and Employer’s contribution to EPF.
- Update KYC Information.
- Download UAN Card.
EPFO Login: Inoperative Account Login – Help Desk
The EPFO Organization provides Help Desk for Inoperative Account Login. The Employee or Representative must have obtained the UAN Number before using the Help Desk. We have given some easy steps for Employees to solve the issue of their EPF Account which has become Inoperative.
- Go to EPFO Inoperative Account Help Desk Portal at http://18.104.22.168:9091/INOPHelpDesk/.
- Read the guidelines and go through User Manual for First Time User.
- Then select the link First Time User – Click Here to Proceed.
- Write down your Problem Description in less than 1000 words.
- Provide your personal details and PF Account info.
- Submit the Problem on Help Desk.
- Later, you can check your Issue Status through Existing User Option.
EPFO Login: One Employee – One EPF Account
This facility is available for a person who works at more than one company. The EPFO Organization has given the option to the Employee to consolidate their Multiple EPF Accounts. With this feature, the Employee can merge their all accounts into one. In order to proceed for One Employee – One EPF Account, kindly follow the steps mentioned below:
- Log on to EPFO One Employee – One EPF Account Portal at http://oeoea.epfoservices.com/UANDEDUP/.
- Enter your Mobile Number (provide the Mobile Number which is registered on UAN Member Portal).
- Then enter your 12 Digit Universal Account Number (UAN).
- Provide your UAN linked Member ID (i.e. Office- Establishment Code- Extension Code- Member ID).
- Click on Generate OTP to proceed.
- Enter the One Time Password you receive on your Registered Mobile Number.
- Consolidate your Multiple EPF Accounts to One Account.
EPFO Login: Pensioner’s Portal
When the Employee is retired from job, he/she is eligible to get Monthly Pension. However, this benefit is applicable only to those Employees who are covered under Employees’ Pension Scheme 1995. The EPFO Organization gives online facility to check Pension related information through EPFO Login. Kindly go through the following process for Pension Payment Enquiry:
- Visit EPFO Pensioner’s Portal at http://22.214.171.124:9091/prtest/PPO%20Query.jsp.
- Select your relevant EPFO Office.
- Provide your PPO Number.
- Then enter your Date of Birth (DOB) DD/MM/YYYY.
- Click on Submit button to check Payment Status of your Pension.
Online Transfer Claim Portal (OTCP):
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization provides the facility of Online Transfer Claim Portal. The OTCP Portal is useful for both Employers as well as Employees. The Employees must register themselves and become Members of OTCP Portal to use the service of Online Transfer of Claims at EPFO Login Portal.
With help of this portal, the Employees can submit the Claim for Transfer of EPF Account from Old Employer to New Employer. While, the Employers can view such Claims, modify & correct Employees’ details and approve the Claims with OTCP Portal. The EPFO Organization has made Transfer of Claims very easy, fast and time saving for Employees and Employers.
Difference Between EPFO Member Portal and UAN Member Portal
|EPFO Member Portal||UAN Member Portal|
|01||This portal is for Members who have PF Account.||This portal is for Members who have PF Account and also activated UAN.|
|02||PF Account Number and Member ID are mandatory to use EPFO Portal.||Universal Account Number and Password are mandatory to use UAN Portal.|
|03||This portal is useful to check EPF Balance, know Claim Status, merge Multiple PF Accounts etc.||This portal is useful to update KYC details, download UAN Card, download EPF Passbook etc.|
|04||Claim Settlement takes more time with EPFO Member Portal.||Claim Settlement is faster with UAN Services.|
|05||PF Account Number can be changed several times because of changing the job.||UAN Number is permanent like PAN Number. It is universal and one unique number for lifetime.|
|06||PF Account Number of EPFO Member contains Alpha-Numeric 22 Digits.||Universal Account Number of UAN Member contains 12 Digits.|
EPFO Login for Employers
On EPFO Login Portal, there is a separate section of Employers. EPFO Login for Employers is an online portal designed by Employees’ Provident Fund Organization. The purpose to provide such facility is to help the Employers to save their valuable time. With help of EPFO Login Portal, the Employers can register their Establishment, pay their contribution towards EPF etc. The Employers get Online Services without any human interface.
EPFO Login Portal – Documents Required for Registration of Employer
The EPFO Organization has made Employer and Establishment Registration very easy and less costly. Now the Employers need not to go to EPFO Office as the Registration Process is available online. The Employer must have some documents in order to register on EPFO Login Portal. List of Required Documents for Registration are mentioned below:
- Upload the Document as Digitally Signed PDF.
- Scanned Image of PAN Card.
- Valid Address Proof of Establishment.
- Proof of Date of Set up of Establishment.
- All License details which are in the name of Establishment.
- Scanned Image of Cheque(s) for declaration of Bank Accounts.
- Scanned copy of Consent Letter from majority Employees (In case of Voluntary Registration only).
- Any other as given on official portal.
Employer Registration on EPFO Login Portal
When you log on to EPFO Login Portal, there will be For Employers section under Our Services head. Then you should select Employers section and you will see various links. As you click on OLRE link you will instructions for Unified Portal. So you have to visit EPFO Unified Portal for Registration of Employer/Establishment on EPFO Login Portal.
Steps for Employer Registration on EPFO Unified Portal
To register as Employer/Establishment on EPFO Unified Portal, you have to follow the step by step procedure given as under:
- Go to EPFO Login Portal at www.epfindia.gov.in.
- Find out Our Services section and select For Employers link.
- Navigate to Online Registration of Establishment (OLRE Portal).
- Click on OLRE Portal link to go to respective page.
- Here you will see the instructions to visit the Unified Portal.
- Log on to EPFO Unified Portal at https://unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in/.
- Search for ONLINE SERVICES and click OLRE Portal link to proceed.
- Read all the instructions carefully and select CLICK HERE for Applying Online for PF Code Number.
- Now click on Application for Employer Registration.
- Enter your personal details i.e. Name, Address, PAN Number, Email ID, Mobile Number etc.
- Create User Name and Password for Login purpose.
- Click on Get PIN to receive Authorization PIN on your Mobile Phone.
- Enter the PIN Number and click on Register button to complete registration.
How can Employers Login to EPFO Unified Portal
There are two alternate logins available on EPFO Unified Portal as follows:
- Visit the EPFO Unified Login Portal at https://unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in/epfo/.
- Navigate to Establishment Sign In section.
- Here you can select Employer Sign In option in case you have registered as Employer.
- Enter your User Name and Password correctly.
- Then click on Sign In button to login to your Account.
- Once you sign in to your Account successfully, you can use the services available for Employers on EPFO Unified Portal.
EPFO Login: What Employers do on EPFO Login Portal
Employers can do following tasks by visiting EPFO Login Portal, further details are as under:
EPFiGMS (Register your Grievance)
When you select “For Employers” section on EPFO Login Portal, you will see a link as EPFiGMS. EPFO Organization given Employers a feature “Register your Grievance” to file a complaint online. Kindly note down that any complaint registered (after 1st January 2016) without UAN Number will not be entertained by EPFO.
EPFO Establishment Search /TRRN Query
In case an Employer has any query regarding TRRN or wants to search the Establishment, this option is very useful. The EPFO Login Portal provides the facility of Establishment Search and TRRN Query in Employers Services section. The Employers are required to enter Name of Establishment and Code for Establishment Search, while only Temporary Return Reference Number for TRRN Query.
What Employers do on EPFO Unified Portal
On Unified Portal (https://unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in/), you will see List of EPFO Logins under For Employers head as follows:
- OLRE Portal
- Online ECR /Challan Submission
- For Principal Employers
- Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana (PMRPY)
Let us discuss the List of EPFO Logins for Employers in detail:
Employers can do Online Registration of Establishment on EPFO Unified Portal. The Registration Process is same for both options i.e. Employer Registration and Establishment Registration. In order to use the Services at Unified Portal, the Employers must register first and then login to their Account with User Name and Password.
Online ECR /Challan Submission
This facility is a blessing to all Employers of India. The EPFO Unified Portal provides the service to generate Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) online. The Employers can make payment into Members’ Accounts by Net Banking or SBI Payment Gateway through ECR /Challan Submission. A Confirmation SMS of Payment will be sent to Employer’s Registered Mobile Number as soon as the money is debited from the Bank Account of Employer or Establishment.
For Principal Employers
This facility is useful for the Principal Employers and Establishment who gives Job Contracts to the Contractor Employers /Companies. The Government Organizations, Institutions and Departments which outsource work contracts, are considered as Principal Employers by EPFO. Such Employers can login with Establishment Code or PAN /TAN Number to use PF related services provided by EPFO Unified Portal.
Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana (PMRPY)
On EPFO Unified Portal, there is a separate portal for Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana i.e. https://pmrpy.gov.in/pmrpy/. The Employers can avail benefits under PMRPY Scheme and for those people who want to Set up their own business. Government of India has decided to bear 8.33% of EPS Contribution for New Employment. In Garment Sector, the Government will bear 3.67% of EPF Contribution in addition to 8.33% of EPS Contribution.
Important Links of EPFO Login
There are many advantages of EPFO Login which can be described as follows:
- Know Your EPF Balance at http://www.epfindia.com/site_en/KYEPFB.php
- Know Your Claim Status at http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/KYCS.php
- Online Transfer Claim Portal (OTCP) at http://memberclaims.epfoservices.in/
Kindly visit EPFO Login Portal at www.epfindia.gov.in for more information about EPFO Login for Employees and Employers, UAN Member Registration, Employer/Establishment Registration and Login to EPFO Unified Portal.