EPF Balance Check your EPF Claim Status, UAN Activation and Payment Info – Provident Fund Balance Enquiry Online:
EPF is very important part for any Employee. There are many different ways to check EPF Balance Online. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) provides facility to the Employees to know their EPF Balance through online and Offline mode. Provident Fund is saving which is deducted every month from Employee’s Salary. Under EPF Scheme 1952, the Employer cut a part of Employee’s Salary and also contributes a part from himself (Employer) towards Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme. The scheme is applicable to the Employee from the date of starting of his/her first job.
The Employee can get all the information regarding Provident Fund Account through EPFO Online Portal and by many other options. The EPFO Organization has started to give maximum online facilities from the year 2011. So the Employee can get almost every update of their PF Account by visiting EPFO Member Portal. This facilities are also available to the newly registered employees as well as to the Retired Employees or Pensioners of a registered company.
An Employee can check EPF Balance, Download EPF Passbook, withdraw partial amount from EPF Account, get a Loan against Provident Fund Account etc. However, the partial withdrawal and loan can be sanctioned by official authorities only under valid circumstances.
EPF Balance is changed time to time as the employer deposits his and employee’s contribution to PF Account. Moreover, Employees’ Provident Fund Organization gives Interest on PF Balance which is directly credited to employee’s PF Account. Therefore, employees often want to know updates in their EPF Account Balance.
EPFO Provides Four different methods to check EPF Balance Online. Which are described as follow.
- Check EPF Balance without UAN Number
- Check EPF Balance with UAN Number
- Check EPF Balance by SMS Service
- Check EPF Balance by Missed Call Service
Any employee can check his/her Provident Fund Balance by using one of available alternatives. But in order to check the EPF Balance Online, the candidate must have certain details about his/her EPF Account which are mentioned below_
- Provident Fund Account Number
- Relevant EPFO Office
- Full Name of candidate exactly as mentioned in Pay Slip
- Candidate’s Mobile Number (the Number must be active)
If the candidates have all the above details then they can check EPF Balance very easily. PF Account Number is the primary detail for every employee to know EPF Balance. The employees can check their Provident Fund Account Number on their Salary Pay Slip. In case, any employee has an issue, he/she can get to know their PF Account No. from respective employer.
PF Account Number is a 22 digits alphanumeric code which is useful for the employees to check EPF Balance Online. Once you know your PF Account Number, you need to find your relevant EPFO Office. In case you do not know your EPFO Office, you can find it out from your EPF Account Number as mentioned below:
Your EPF Account Number is of 22 digits out of which first two letters are your State i.e. MH for Maharashtra. Then next three letters are code of your Office Name. Then next 7 digits are your Establishment Code. Use this Establishment Code to find your relevant EPFO Office by following steps_
- Go to the official portal at http://www.epfindia.com/site_en/KYEPFB.php
- Click on Know your PF Balance link.
- Navigate to the link Search your Establishment Code Here.
- Tick the box I also know the establishment code and enter numeric part of your Establishment code.
- Click on Search button to find your establishment and relevant EPFO Office.
EPF Balance without UAN Number
- Log on to EPFO Official Portal at www.epfindia.com/site_en/KYEPFB.php.
- Read the guidelines given on the page carefully and select the link Click here to Know your PF Balance.
- Now you have two choices i.e. either see 120 PF Office Data or choose your respective state.
- As you select your State, you will be shown list of districts having PF Offices.
- Select your applicable district to open the Member Balance Information Page.
- Enter your Employee PF Account Number (the State Code and District Code will be already applied).
- Employee Name, same as appears in your EPF Slip.
- Then enter your Mobile Number (without +91 or 0 or any space).
- The Portal will record the Mobile Number along with your PF Account Number.
- Read the terms carefully and select I Agree box.
- Click on Submit button to proceed.
- Your EPF Balance details will be sent to your Registered Mobile Number by SMS.
Check EPF Balance by SMS Service:
The Facility of checking EPF Balance through SMS has been started from the year 2015. There is no requirement of Internet, Computer or Smartphone to get EPF Balance by SMS Service. In order to use this facility, the candidate must have completed UAN Registration and Activation Procedure on EPF Member Portal.
- Open Message Application on your Mobile New.
- Go to New Message section.
- Enter Recipient’s Number as 07738 299 899.
- Enter the text as EPFOHO UAN <ENG>. [i.e. EPFOHO(space)UAN Number(space) <ENG>]
- You will receive an SMS in reply after a few moments.
- To receive SMS in different language, please use initials of that language e.g. <GUJ> for Gujarati, <HIN> for Hindi etc.
The SMS Message sent by candidate to get EPF Balance by SMS is chargeable. The Network Operator will take nominal charges applicable for a local /national SMS.
Get EPF Balance by Missed Call Service:
The Missed Call Service is available only for UAN registered candidates. This service to check EPF Balance is one of the most suitable services because it costs zero to the candidate. Moreover, the candidate does not need a Smartphone or Internet Connection in order to check EPF Balance by Missed Call Service.
Number to give Missed Call: 011-22901406
The Missed Call must be dialed from the UAN Registered Mobile Number, otherwise the SMS in return will show an error of invalid number. When the registered candidate gives a Missed Call to above mentioned number, he/she will receive an SMS with Member Details and EPF Account Balance Info.
EPF Balance with help of UAN Number
The Employee can check their EPF Balance also by logging into UAN Member Portal at uanmembers.epfoservices.in. It is one of the easiest ways to know the EPF Balance in Provident Fund Account if the Employee knows UAN Number and Password of Member Portal. Employee Can easily check EPF Balance by Entering UAN Number and Password. The Employee must register themselves for UAN in order to get the E-Sewa Facility on EPF Member Portal. Here UAN stands for Universal Account Number which is helpful to identify the candidate for EPF Scheme and other relevant schemes.
IF you don’t know how to register with UAN Number, here we provide simple steps to activate your account with UAN Number. There are two types for registration with UAN Number which are as follow.
- Registration & Activation through Official Portal
- SMS Based Registration & Activation
Steps for Member Registration with UAN Number:
- First of all, the candidate must obtain UAN number from respective Employer.
- Log on to official portal at uanmembers.epfoservices.in
- Read all the instructions and FAQ before proceeding to registration.
- Navigate to bottom of the page and select the button Activate your UAN based registration.
- Tick the box given as I have Read and Understood Instructions.
- Enter your Universal Account Number (UAN), Mobile Number as asked.
- Select your State, your Office and enter your Member ID.
- Enter the verification code and click on GET PIN button.
- You will soon receive PIN on your Mobile Number.
- Enter the PIN as shown on your mobile screen.
- Select the box I Agree and click on Submit button to complete registration.
- You will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number as soon as your UAN will be activated.
SMS Based UAN Activation
The Universal Account Number Registration and Activation is also available by way of SMS Message. The candidate must send the SMS to 07738 299 899 in proper format.
Write SMS as EPFOHO ACT,<<12 digit UAN Number>>,<<22 digit Member ID>>.
The candidate is strictly advised to send the SMS (text message) only in the above mentioned format. After a few time, the candidate will receive an SMS shown confirmation of UAN Activation. The candidate will be able to login to UAN Member Portal on the next day of registration and activation.
EPFO Mobile App and it’s Features
This facility is useful for the candidate who has a Smartphone. The EPF Mobile Application is available on iTunes Store for iPhone users and on Google Play Store for Android Mobile users. With help of EPF Mobile App, the candidate can check his/her EPF Balance, Account Details, Monthly Credit Updates, Download Passbook, Pension Disbursement and much more. Please note down that EPF Mobile App supports Android Operating System (OS) 4.0 and above only.
Download and install EPF Mobile App on your Cellphone:
- Open a web browser in your Mobile/Cellphone.
- Enter the website address as www.epfindia.gov.in OR www.epfindia.com.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the homepage.
- Click on mGovernance to go to App Download Page.
- Choose one of the five alternate links of m-epf.apk (EPF Mobile App).
- Download the EPF Application on your Cellphone.
- Open the apk file and install it properly.
- Click on M-EPF App Icon to open it (make sure the Mobile Data Service is on and active on your phone).
- Enter your personal details like Member ID, UAN Number, Password etc. details to UAN Login.
- After successful login, you can access all the available details of your EPF Account and Updates relating to it.
- Check your EPF Balance and Download Passbook with M-EPF Mobile App.
How to Check your EPF Claim Status:
The candidates can also check their Claim Status online after applying for Claim at relevant EPFO Office. For that purpose, the candidate must follow several steps as follows_
- Go to the official website at www.epfindia.gov.in.
- Navigate to OUR SERVICES section and select For Employees link.
- Search Know your Claim Status under SERVICES head.
- Read the guidelines and click on Click here For Knowing the Claim Status.
- Select your State and then your relevant EPFO Office from the available list.
- Enter your Employee Provident Fund (EPF) Account Number.
- Click on Submit button to see your Claim Status on your screen.
- Check the Status of your Claim and note down it for reference.
EPF Passbook Download
The candidate who is registered for Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme under the said Act, is eligible to know all the transactions that take place in his/her EPF Account. The Employer cuts a part of Employee’s Salary and also contributes his share towards Provident Fund. by checking out EPF Passbook, the candidate can know monthly credits and Available Balance and other updates of EPF Account. The EPFO Organization provides two alternates to view and download EPF Passbook which are given below_
Register for EPF Passbook Service:
- Log on to official portal at members.epfoservices.in.
- Select the link Click here to register to begin.
- Enter your current Mobile Number (without zero ‘0’ and +91 code).
- Provide your Date of Birth (DOB).
- Select the document you wish to use on this portal e.g. AADHAR Card.
- Enter your Document Number and your Name same as mentioned on the Document.
- Enter your Email ID (it is optional but recommended for you).
- Enter the Captcha Code and click on GET PIN button.
- Tick I Agree box and enter Authorization PIN as received on your mobile number.
- Click on Submit button to complete your registration.
Once you are registered, you will receive an SMS every month on your Registered Mobile Number when the E-Passbook will be available on portal.
How to Download EPF Passbook (without UAN Number):
- Open the official web portal at members.epfoservices.in.
- Navigate to Login section and select your document (same as registered).
- Enter the Document Number and your Mobile Number.
- Click on Sign In button to proceed.
- Checkout your EPF Account Passbook and download it.
You can use one of the available documents PAN Number, AADHAR (UID), National Population Register (NPR), Bank Account Number, Voter ID Card, Driving License, Passport Number, Ration Card Number etc.
Download EPF Passbook with UAN Number:
Before you proceed to Download EPF Passbook with UAN Number, kindly note down the following rules:
- This facility is to view the Member Passbook for the members registered on the UAN Member e-Sewa Portal.
- EPF Passbook will be available on the next day after registration at UAN e-Sewa Member Portal.
- Changes in the credentials (login details) at UAN Member Portal will be effective at this facility on the next day.
- EPF Passbook will have the entries which has been reconciled at the EPFO field offices.
With help of UAN Number, the candidate can view E-Passbook and download EPF Passbook by two different methods:
- From EPFO Official Portal
- From EPF Unified Portal (UAN Member e-Sewa Portal)
Procedure to Download EPF Passbook Online by above mentioned methods are explained as follows:
01. From EPFO Official Portal
- Log on to EPFO official website at www.epfindia.gov.in.
- Find out Our Services and select For Employees section.
- On Employees Services Page, search for Member Passbook under Services list.
- Click on the link to open Passbook Downloading Portal.
- Enter your Twelve Digit Universal Account Number (UAN) in first box.
- The enter your Member Portal Password in second box.
- Finally select Login button to view your EPF Passbook.
- Check the EPF Passbook to know all recent debit and credit entries in your PF Account.
- Save and Download the EPF Passbook as PDF file.
02. From Unified Portal (UAN Member e-Sewa Portal)
- Log on to EPF Unified Portal at unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in.
- Find out Online Services on upper right corner of page.
- Navigate to For Employees section and select the link UAN Member e-Sewa.
- On UAN Member e-Sewa Portal, the Member Login section is on right side.
- Enter your Universal Account Number (UAN) and Password as asked.
- Then enter the Captcha verification code same as displayed in the image.
- Finally click on Sign In button to login to UAN Member e-Sewa Portal.
- After successfully login, you can Download and Print your Updated Passbook.
- You can also download your UAN Card and update KYC Information.
For more information regarding EPF Balance, Claim Status and UAN Activation etc., the candidate should visit the official website at www.epfindia.gov.in.